Every TF map that you create has to have an info_tfdetect in it, so the game knows it is a TF map. Its' location is unimportant, so long as it is inside the map. Lets have a look at its' important properties:
Team 1-4 VGUI Name: These specify the team names to be displayed to a player when choosing a team.
- Game Settings: These are flags which set certain game criteria, such as the respawn delay and the
- Blue/Red/Yellow/Green Lives: Specify the number of lives each team has, leave it at 0 for infinite lives.
- Blue/Red/Yellow/Green class limits toggleflags: This determines which classes are allowed in each team. Leave it at 0 for all, or simply add up the values of the classes you want, and enter it here.
- Max players, Blue/Red/Yellow/Green: Specifies the maximum number of players on each of the teams. Setting it to 0 makes it unlimited.
- Blue/Red/Yellow/Green Allies: Specifies which teams should be 'working together'. Add up the values of the other teams you want a team to be allied with, and enter it here
That's it for a simple map, this will allow you to change most of what you need to customize for a map, although there are other options in this entity which are beyond the scope of this tutorial. They may be covered at a later date.
Back to tutorials...
© 2000-2001 TFX-Soft, all rights reserved